You can change your appearance beyond recognition, you can add a festive image with a pattern on the body or face at home. Today, such a concept as face painting is very widespread. Aqua is water, make-up is a change in appearance by applying special paints.
How to make face painting at home
Face painting is considered to be fat-free water-based cosmetic paints, which can be bought in specialized stores. But there is an opportunity to make face painting on your own to create a unique and unique image for a child at a matinee or to participate in a masquerade. In order to make a special paint that can be applied to the face, you will need 1 teaspoon of baby cream, 3 tablespoons of starch, a teaspoon of water and food coloring. In order to get a black color, you need to take a natural cork, set it on fire, and when the cork cools down, scrape off the burnt part into a cup. Mix the resulting ash with the already prepared composition, only without food coloring.
To apply the prepared paints, you can use any brushes, but it is best to take soft and natural ones. In addition to brushes, you need to prepare sponges. They come in handy to apply paint on a large surface, when it comes to painting not only the face, but also the body.
Features of applying face painting
Face painting must be applied in several layers to make the drawing rich and bright. Before “creating” on the skin, it is recommended to draw what you want on a piece of paper, so to speak, to practice. If there is no special creative talent, you can apply elementary drawings: a butterfly, a heart, a flower, and so on. For the uniqueness of the picture, you can use the face paint gloss, which is applied after the paint has dried well.
It is highly discouraged to use oil paint for face painting, as it clogs the pores, smears, in general, with its use it will not be possible to achieve the desired effect. It is prudent to use only water-based paints!
Thanks to face painting, you can make any look perfect. For example, if the child is a clown at the matinee and the costume has already been bought, you can do the next face painting. Draw one black triangle under the left and above the left eye. Circles are drawn on both cheeks, maybe small, in red. The middle of the mug is tinted with white gloss. Very simple and original! And most importantly, no special artistic talent is required.
How easy it is to make face paint (for makeup). Recipe – face paint
The recipe is face paint. We do Avkagrim with our own hands. If you need face paint for a holiday, you don’t have to buy it. And make it yourself. You can arrange a party in body art (face art) to keep the kids busy on a rainy day. These paints will come out cheaper than store bought ones. You have the ability to control the color, and choose the shades of the desired color.
Buy starch, moisturizer, food coloring. You may already have these ingredients at home. There is no need to buy an expensive cream. You can use a cream suitable for sensitive baby skin (the easiest one).
In a small glass or disposable cup, place three tablespoons of starch, 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of water, and 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of cream. Prepare food coloring of the desired color.
Mix the ingredients well. Add a drop of dye and stir. Thus, add the dye 1 drop at a time until you get the desired color. Apply paint with a small brush or cosmetic brush.
To make black paint, you can light the tip of a bottle cork (natural cork). Let the cork dry, scrape off the cinder, and put it in a separate cup. Dip the brush in water and then dip in cork powder.
Remove paints with warm water and mild soap.
A great idea for a children’s party is a theme party. To make the images of the kids correspond to the idea, you can apply face painting. Careful attention should be paid to the choice of paints, because low-quality materials can cause allergies.
Is face painting safe for a child?
Face painting, or paint on a water, oil, wax base, is widely used in face art – the art of artistic painting on the face. Unlike tattoos and other methods of decorating the skin, face painting is temporary and is washed off after the first contact with water, since it is applied only to the top layer of the skin.
Face painting paints must be based on natural or harmless synthetic components: coloring pigments, glycerin, water, petroleum jelly, polymers, thickeners. Their composition is specially selected so that the finished product has the following properties:
- the ability to draw both clear lines and transitions, shading;
- elasticity, no cracking after drying;
- brightness, saturation of tones;
- fast drying;
- ease of application;
- the possibility of layering tones.
Unlike acrylics, gouache and watercolors, face painting paints do not provoke allergies and irritations. They do not clog pores, allowing the skin to breathe, do not cause dryness, itching, or other undesirable reactions. It is easy to wash the funds from the face and clothes if they accidentally get on it.
Types of paints and selection rules
Face painting is produced in various forms, packages, volumes, produced by domestic and foreign manufacturers. Basic types:
- It is a set of professional tools for painting leather. Its shades do not fade, they look juicy, bright in any light. Usually the composition of the pressed face painting includes calcium carbonate, paraffin, gum. The composition gently lays on the skin, does not spread, and then it is easily washed off with warm water.
- Spray paint. It can be used not only for the face, but also for the hair and body. It is very convenient to apply, it dries quickly, does not crumble or crack, does not stain clothes, and has no smell. These formulations are ideal for working with stencils.
- Liquid face painting mehendi. Includes a natural component – henna. Not intended for children’s face painting, as it stays on the skin for up to 2-3 days.
- Cream face painting. It is made on the basis of oils or waxes. Quite persistent, for washing it requires the use of oil emulsions, soap. Drawings made with these paints look very attractive, the color palette is quite rich.
- Face painting pencil. Means in the form of markers, crayons, pencils, felt-tip pens are sold individually or in sets. You don’t need brushes, sponges, or water to apply them. Only shading is more convenient to produce with small brushes.
- Face painting in split cakes. It is an unusual type of paints that resemble plasticine in plastic packaging. Designed to quickly create rainbow designs, unusual backgrounds.
- Face painting palettes. Classic sets reminiscent of ordinary watercolor, equipped with brushes. They include the main colors of the gamut, many also contain shades with metallic, fluorescent paints.
Release form. For younger children, crayons, pencils are more suitable, with which you can draw faster. For older children, paints of any shape can be used.
Quality. The product should not have an unpleasant odor, be divided into fractions, and its texture should be uniform.
Number of shades. To create a beautiful drawing, you need to buy a set of 6 paints, no less, although some themed images include fewer colors.
Activating “new paint
Some face painting products, which are sold in dry form or cakes, require activation. This requires only ordinary water, which is sprayed by materials after being placed in a spray bottle. You can also wet the paints with a damp brush for a creamy or watery texture (as needed).
Wax-based paints need more liquid to activate, so you will have to wet them more actively. Also, neon products should be sprayed harder, which show their full color only with sufficient humidity. A minimum of water is required for glycerin-based colors, which are already quite soft. It is best to activate the paint in this way:
- Take a brush in your hand, wet it with water.
- Make a small indentation in the paint with rotational movements.
- Give the color in the “crater” a creamy consistency, and leave the rest of the mass in a solid state.
Performing face painting
The paint should be tested for allergies first, which is recommended even for the highest quality products. The agent is applied to the inner side of the elbow, waiting 5-10 minutes. If there is no redness and rashes, you can safely apply the material on your face.
First of all, when creating face painting, a tone is applied – it should be even, smooth. To create it, moisten and squeeze the sponge well, apply paint in smooth circular movements. Long strokes should not be done: after drying, they turn into ugly stripes. After drying the tone, the details and contours of the pattern are applied using brushes. They are held at a right angle, like a pencil, while they are moistened with paint slightly so that it does not drip and drip. Allow the drawing to dry, if necessary add special effects (for example, sparkles).
Hygiene when applying paint on the face
If, in the process of performing face painting, the child has an allergic reaction, the paints are immediately washed off with soap, a nourishing cream is applied. Brushes must be washed with soapy water. Before performing face painting for the next person, all tools are thoroughly disinfected.