Today we will consider an important topic that is often discussed between parents – this is children’s face painting. I have to hear the same question: where exactly to buy face painting and how to choose it correctly? In the article, we will consider how not to make a mistake when choosing a paint, while avoiding unpleasant consequences and what you need to know when buying it.
Let’s start drawing
If you are a consumer of the service, then before the master starts his work, specify which paints will be used in this process.
Even if you are not versed in paints, you can always look at the reaction of the master to your question. So, a master working with high-quality materials will gladly tell you about the brands of his paints and even provide a certificate of conformity.
And if the master begins to evade the answer, most likely his paints are of inadequate quality or not at all intended for these purposes. Be careful, in this case it is not recommended to use the services of this wizard.
In the case of using poor quality paints, an allergic reaction may occur.
These judgments are by no means an exaggeration. Over the years of my work, I have heard many stories from parents that their children developed allergies after applying face painting. Namely, the child’s cheeks were blistered, reddened and swollen. Believe me, these are very sad stories.
Do you think this reaction to paint is harmful or safe? I believe that only hypoallergenic face painting is suitable for drawing a picture on a child’s face.
As for the question, who first decided to independently apply face painting. I advise you to approach the choice of paints responsibly. So, before you buy paints for drawings on the face and body, you will have to study the information in this area. Let’s briefly explain how this happens and what are the requirements for face painting.
So, in our time, looking for information, as a rule, we go to the vastness of the Internet. Information about paints can also be found on the Internet. Just enter the phrase “Buy Face painting” into the search line. As a rule, search results display a large number of results for a given query.
In this case, from the whole variety of offers, you need to choose the most suitable one. How to do it? First of all, study the reviews for paints, as well as the stores that offer them.
I remind you that when choosing paints, you must remember about the safety of their use.
Safe paints must necessarily have a certificate of conformity, be hypoallergenic and are intended to be painted on the face and body.
The fact that paints are hypoallergenic and intended for painting on the face and body should be indicated on the packaging with the paint. And the information on the availability of the certificate of conformity must be checked with the seller.
Of course, the quality of paints also plays an important role. In this matter, at first, you will also have to focus on the reviews of colleagues.
Face drawings: how to choose and apply face paint
A great idea for a children’s party is a theme party. To make the images of the kids correspond to the idea, you can apply face painting. Careful attention should be paid to the choice of paints, because low-quality materials can cause allergies.
Is face painting safe for a child?
- Types of paints and selection rules
- DIY face painting paints
- New paint activation
- Paint reactivation
- How to apply paints correctly
- Mascara consistency
- Make-up technique
- Face Painting Supplies
- Performing face painting
- Hygiene when applying paint on the face
Is face painting safe for a child?
Face painting, or paint on a water, oil, wax base, is widely used in face art – the art of artistic painting on the face. Unlike tattoos and other methods of decorating the skin, face painting is temporary and is washed off after the first contact with water, since it is applied only to the top layer of the skin.
Face painting paints must be based on natural or harmless synthetic components: coloring pigments, glycerin, water, petroleum jelly, polymers, thickeners. Their composition is specially selected so that the finished product has the following properties:
- the ability to draw both clear lines and transitions, shading;
- elasticity, no cracking after drying;
- brightness, saturation of tones;
- fast drying;
- ease of application;
- the possibility of layering tones.
Unlike acrylics, gouache and watercolors, face painting paints do not provoke allergies and irritations. They do not clog pores, allowing the skin to breathe, do not cause dryness, itching, or other undesirable reactions. It is easy to wash the funds from the face and clothes if they accidentally get on it.
Types of paints and selection rules
Face painting is produced in various forms, packages, volumes, produced by domestic and foreign manufacturers. Basic types:
- It is a set of professional tools for painting leather. Its shades do not fade, they look juicy, bright in any light. Usually the composition of the pressed face painting includes calcium carbonate, paraffin, gum. The composition gently lays on the skin, does not spread, and then it is easily washed off with warm water.
- Spray paint. It can be used not only for the face, but also for the hair and body. It is very convenient to apply, it dries quickly, does not crumble or crack, does not stain clothes, and has no smell. These formulations are ideal for working with stencils.
- Liquid face painting mehendi. Includes a natural component – henna. Not intended for children’s face painting, as it stays on the skin for up to 2-3 days.
- Cream face painting. It is made on the basis of oils or waxes. Quite persistent, for washing it requires the use of oil emulsions, soap. Drawings made with these paints look very attractive, the color palette is quite rich.
- Face painting pencil. Means in the form of markers, crayons, pencils, felt-tip pens are sold individually or in sets. You don’t need brushes, sponges, or water to apply them. Only shading is more convenient to produce with small brushes.
- Face painting in split cakes. It is an unusual type of paints that resemble plasticine in plastic packaging. Designed to quickly create rainbow designs, unusual backgrounds.
- Face painting palettes. Classic sets reminiscent of ordinary watercolor, equipped with brushes. They include the main colors of the gamut, many also contain shades with metallic, fluorescent paints.
You cannot replace face painting products with ordinary gouache or other compositions for drawing on paper, stained glass windows. They will irritate the skin and may trigger allergies. Before buying, you need to make sure that the composition is safe and some other points:
- Release form. For younger children, crayons, pencils are more suitable, with which you can draw faster. For older children, paints of any shape can be used.
- The product should not have an unpleasant odor, be divided into fractions, its texture should be uniform.
- Number of shades. To create a beautiful drawing, you need to buy a set of 6 paints, no less, although some themed images include fewer colors.
DIY face painting paints
The cost of one jar can reach 200-500 $, so many parents have a desire to save money and make color schemes on their own. There are the following recipes for making face painting from safe ingredients:
Combine 3 tablespoons of starch, 1.5 teaspoons of any cream (preferably baby), 1.5 teaspoons of water. Stir the mixture until smooth, placing it in a clean container. Add food coloring of the desired color to the mixture, mix until the required shade is obtained. If the paint is too thin, add more cream or starch.
Take 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, a tablespoon of heavy cream, a teaspoon of water, and food coloring. Combine the components, mix to get a mass with the consistency of sour cream.